What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis (often referred to as a trance state) is a natural occurring state of mind – as natural as day dreaming, When we are daydreaming we can become so focused, so absorbed in whatever thoughts or images are in our mind that we can lose all track of time. We can often enter a natural state of trance when we are driving, reading a book, watching a movie, listening to music, undertaking a hobby or other activity,. These examples are all an ‘altered state of consciousness’ and we can experience various levels of trance. Trance is therefore a normal, natural state and a common experience in everyday life.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is the combination of:
- Hypnosis – to help you focus your attention, plus
- Therapy – positive suggestions to help you achieve the changes that you wish to make. These changes may involve letting go of unpleasant or undesirable thoughts, feelings or behaviours and learning how to substitute new positive ways of thinking, feeling and behaving. By skilfully structuring positive suggestions, your desire to bring about the changes you wish to occur can be achieved, therefore a thorough assessment at the initial consultation is very important.
- Clinical Hypnotherapy is offered by a therapist who has undertaken advanced studies in hypnotherapy and achieved a higher level of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Is Hypnosis Harmful?
Hypnosis is a natural state and very safe, but like all therapies only consult a qualified person, in this case, a Clinical Hypnotherapist.
Who Can Benefit from Hypnotherapy?
Clinical Hypnotherapy is supported by research as an effective treatment for many
problems relating to: personal, relationship, family and work related problems: e.g.
– quit smoking,
– lose weight,
– stress and anxiety
– confidence, self esteem, assertiveness
– nervousness with exams, driving test, job interview etc.
– feel calm and confident in workplace meetings,
– anxiety, fears and phobias,
– anger management
– sleep problems,
Inquire Now how Hypnotherapy Can Help You Change Your Life For The Better
Will I Lose Control During the Hypnotherapy Session?
No! You cannot be made to do anything against your will. Your own values, beliefs and morals govern your life in an everyday state of alertness and are still intact 100% throughout the hypnotic process.
Can I Become Stuck in Hypnosis?
No! definitely not, just as you cannot become stuck in a daydream, or when engrossed in a book or a movie.
How Many Hypnotherapy Sessions Will I Need ?
Quit Smoking in only one hypnotherapy session is possible and I have a Quit Smoking recording also available as a support for them. The basic Lose Weight Programme is generally 4-5 sessions for the average weight loss needs. For other issues, the complexity of the presenting issue will determine the number of sessions, for some people, 1-2 sessions is sufficient, others more. At the initial hypnotherapy consultation a full assessment will be undertaken and your proposed hypnotherapy treatment plan will be discussed with you.
Is Hypnotherapy Better than Counselling?
Hypnotherapy is often a quicker process than counselling alone but counselling can be helpful in supporting hypnotherapy in some instances.
What If I Can’t Be Hypnotised?
We all have the ability to enter Hypnosis and benefit from the experience. Hypnosis is a normal, natural state and a common experience in everyday life.
I am a Qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Registered with The Australian Hypnotherapy Association
also a Qualified Therapist for Personal, Relationship & Family Counselling (psychology background)